<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5093352?origin\x3dhttp://breadcrumbsandbutter.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
To the stars that played with the darkness
I sang of love and burned up completely

Thursday, April 01, 2010 @ 11:43 PM

Certain occupations lead people to a greater level of disappointment compared to others. Like pastors, youth workers and care givers are typical examples of people who give out a lot yet perhaps have little to take back and a lot more heartaches to bear.

Is it worth it? What is the compelling force behind that motivates people to do all that? Yes at the back of my mind, I do have an ans and I do believe at certain junctures in my life I have done that. Don't judge or form solutions, I'm not asking for either.

My life is deeply intertwined with management and economic & finance theory even after graduating from school.

Management theory more aptly applied to work (theory xy managers, herzberg 2 factors, scientific mgmt blah blah) while economic theory to relationships. Opportunity cost, maximising utility, marginal cost/return, diminishing marginal returns, zero sum game and the f-up list goes on.

Applying the theory from classical conditioning (self explanatory diagram below), I believe the attitude and shit people regularly give would develop a behavioural pattern that could either make a person to submissively take more shit/aggressively give more shit/nonchalant (dun give a shit).


Some people's way of understanding simple things in life.

"In general, and with rare exceptions, the returns in love situations are roughly proportional to the amount of time and devotion invested. The amount of love you get from an investment in love is correlated, if only roughly, to the amount of yourself you invest in the relationship." 1 of the lessons from Ben Stein's 8 Economics of Love.



Profile


YOURNAME
A little of your descriptions here. :D



Affiliates

Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link


Music

Your music codes here. :D



Credits

Designer: Eunice
Color codes: Color Picker Tool
Icon: Stopthetime's icon site
Inspirations: Jellybeanies; ♥