Joining those dots..
Sunday, January 31, 2010 @ 7:24 PM
"We truly live only one day at a time. It doesn't really help to worry about the future, which we can't control, or the past which we can't change. So I ask God to help me maximise what he wants emphasised in my day. each day is a kind of treasure hunt, looking for God's treasures, but it takes an intentional connection with God to awaken me, to make me aware.
For me prayer is the key to making life an adventure. In the LOTR series, poor Frodo only gets enough direction for the next lap of the journey. As he looks back, it all works out, but most of the time he wanders around confused and helpless. Only occasionally, and in subtle ways does Ganalf actively gives assistance and guidance."
This passage I read sort of calms me down from my weekend blues. Today, I had time to think to myself and asked myself why am I feeling the way I am feeling. A series of random sarcastic remarks from a friend (whom I have already deleted from facebook, bye) have left me feeling really edgy. Well 2 incidents do not form a pattern but consecutively I have people giving me comments that weren't very pleasant. I wish that I could say I laughed it, instead I was rather defensive (still attempting to remain quite nice but some people had no sense of control and went on on) and very upset.
I think I only drank 2 glasses of water yesterday and I was reminded of what I read in Come Thristy by Max Lucada. "We are acquainted with physical thirst. Infact our Maker wired us with thirst - a "low fluid indicator." Let your fluid level grow low, and watch the signals flare. Deprive your soul of spiritual water, and your soul will tell you. Dehydrated hearts send desperate msgs. Snarling tempers. (ticked) Waves of worry. (ticked)"
Sure sounds like me yea?
Had dinner yesterday at a lil quaint cafe at Jasmine Road. Pretty avg food but the ambience was pretty okie. I guess if not for the space constraint and how they try to maximise the no. of guests capacity, it's actually look quite cosy and not cluttered. I particularly enjoyed the walk after dinner. The last time I had such a walk was close to 5 yrs back with Ruth. It's therapeutic to admire and to a certain extent peep at the exteriors and interiors of the houses.
Today, I found myself "roped" into a family discussion. Honestly, quite awkward cos I didn't know if I should be present but on the other hand rather privileged?.Enjoyed the recipe chatting session with his mum :)