The faculty of imagining
Friday, October 23, 2009 @ 7:06 PM
All alone at the airport with my macbook and my luggage. This experience actually left me feeling slightly empowered to go on a trip to somewhere alone or perhaps meet my friend there. Yeah, something that I always wanted to do but never had the chance simply bcos the mum gets overprotective whenever such topics are being brought up.
/recalls those good o days when I wanted to go on a mission trip organised by the BA Society in np. Mum went hysterical and claimed that there were guerillas hidding in the bushes...
well she's improving, at least she approves of my overseas trips with friends :)
A conversation I had with jie :)
It's rather quaint how jieying came up with the imagination of God pulling a hamster's tail after I told her that my interview wasn't successful and she said that God wanted me to stay where I am.
I thought my version of suppressing the hamster from crawling with a heavy hand over it was bad enough, trust her to come up with "pulling the tail" version.
So yeah, when your quarter life crisis comes along, be ready for turtle-ying.
Turtle-ying refers to a turtle by the name of Jieying who is lying on the back of her shell and unable to flip over.