Children makes a marriage strong
Sunday, October 04, 2009 @ 9:16 PM
Met up with elliot on wed's night and we had an awesome catching up. Topics range from relationships, relationships and relationships. Well okie, a tiny bit on career and our passion in life.
Elliot was telling me that is a saying that kids make a marriage strong. Couples now have a common enemy and they would work together to "fix" this enemy. Interesting perspective introduced to me. I have always felt that children is the fruit/ physical manifestation of a couple's love. Likewise I have seen couples getting upset with each other bcos of the differences in bringing up their children.
Today I saw an interesting twist to the concept Elliot introduced. As usual my dad complains abt mum and my mum complains abt my dad. What their complaints revolve round happen to be the same topic: Hygience and Cleanliness. However each of them have a very different definition of that.
Honestly dad doesn't practice cleanliness very well, but can't blame him cos he is long sighted cos he cant see whether the dishes have been washed thoroughy or whether any scraps of food dropped onto the floor. He has his days of being "dua peh kong" (very often seriously) and has body fixated infront of the tv.
Mum works long hrs and obviously cant afford to keep the house spick and clean but she does trys her best to do what she can on her day off. She has her fair share of fixing her eyes to the tv and being a korean drama mama.
So well if you wanna know, the common enemy is dad obviously.
Like a piece of ham stucked in between two pieces of bread. Today I found myself trying to make some sense to my dad that mum is really busy and tired but he ignored all that.
(Men just don't get it and love to insist that they are right all the time. I hope u won't be like that next time.) Guess he must have thick pieces of ear wax in his ears. Maybe I should try the propaganda method to secretly brainwash him. Alternatively get him to watch Fireproof :) Before all that I should really pray for my parents.

Nice show :) I shed a couple of tears while watching it