<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5093352?origin\x3dhttp://breadcrumbsandbutter.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
To the stars that played with the darkness
I sang of love and burned up completely

Back from Malacca :)
Saturday, October 03, 2009 @ 10:59 PM

It was a fabulous trip and I survived Lynn Heng! haha well we survived each other cos towards the end of the journey, I was whining quite alot!

"Is the bus coming??? Why is it so looongg? I'm tireddd"

I didn't really take alot of pictures since it's I've been there quite recently with my mum and the weather was too hot to pose and take pictures! Anyway let me do a recap from Day 1. (It's really a long entry and I'm simply regurgitating my thoughts w/o uploading any pictures to visually engage u.)

Day 1 (Arrival)
Bff and I had plans to do etwg (extended time with God) so we set aside time to simply bask in His presence. I didn't have a major takeaway but somehow I felt prompted to "let go" of the friends I have.

Currently at this point in my life where friends are busy with work, occupied with spending time with their bfs and even heading to marriage ( 2 this year infact), I can't help feeling that my circle of friends is dwindling. I felt that at different phases in my life so subsciously I reminded myself to not neglect my friends when I'm seeing someone but easier said than done, I now know how stretched it can be.

Putting myself in their shoes, there's only so many friends I can keep contact with the limited resources I have so I guess it's time to change my perspective on things.

Still, Bff, Mabes and the long list of close friends, I will be there for you! Okie Digress enough from Day 1.

We intended to head to the portugese settlements but it was too far to head there by foot so we settled for this superb peranakan cusine known as makk0. We ordered Ayam ponteh, sambal udang, kangkong belachan and chendol with extra gula melaka ( the not so nice ones I automatically chose to forget the names).

The highlight of the day was actually the cranberry mooncake. I actually dropped it and it got stucked onto the glass table. Bff suggested that we cut off the top layer which had contact with the glass surface and started "operation mooncake."

During the process, Andrew commented that it was like circumcision and he would never look at mooncake the same way again. Rather gross stuff but it was really funny when he said that.

Day 2
Spa/Massage at Majestic was too expensive so I did my massage at Hotel Puri. A pity, Dewi the lady whom I met last year at Hotel Puri had went back to Bali. Was really looking forward to catch up with her.

In the evening we went back to Jonker walk to explore the pasar malam and lo and behold, we saw many childhood toys! Pop pops and the paper dress doll brought back many fond memories :)

We had popiah, carrot cake, asam laksa, nonya laksa, chendols (again) and fried chicken.

Day 3 (departure)
We had lunch at makko again and we pretty much ordered the same dishes!

Dear bff, thanks for this trip. A getaway that I really needed and I had fun with you.



Profile


YOURNAME
A little of your descriptions here. :D



Affiliates

Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link


Music

Your music codes here. :D



Credits

Designer: Eunice
Color codes: Color Picker Tool
Icon: Stopthetime's icon site
Inspirations: Jellybeanies; ♥