Yes I got your msg
Saturday, July 18, 2009 @ 5:17 PM
Both books that I'm reading now direct me to the same idea, that God can make something good out of the bad, ugly and unpleasant. Or rather He
Right now, I'm at a certain page in a book about Sharon and I haven't had the slighest idea what the next chapter of my life or the next adventure is about. Still, I know I have to trust that you will use all the experiences I have for your glory, You are the Author and not me. Cynically speaking, I have difficulty trusting some of the decisions I make these days. Those that I once thought were so smart and now eeee, really makes me apprehensive but what I think is the right thing to do. So by reflex I have nothing left to trust but You. Very Singaporean I know.
The closest analogy I can relate with is probably those sketches I drew during my art lessons in stc.
Gradually as we progress, we were told to drop pencils and to switch to pens. Didn't like the idea simply bcos I can't rub away my mistakes and if I did make a mistake I have to redraw again (waste paper). Well of cos, you can always cheat and I did it before but tt's double work. I would sometimes draw with my 2b pencil and if I'm pleased with the outcome I would go over it with pen.
Anyway the point is, not to rub away the mistakes but to learn to incorporate those "wrong" lines into the masterpiece. Took me exactly 10 years to see the significance of this and how it is closely intertwined to my life.
Teilhard de Chardin expands on O'Connor's analogy of God as the artist:Like an artist who is able to make use of a fault or an impurity in the stone he is sculpting or the bronze he is casting so as to produce more exquisite lines or a more beautiful tone, God, without sparing us the partial deaths, nor the final death, which form an essential part of our lives, transfigures them by intergrating in a better plan - provided we lovingly trust in him. Not only our unavoidable ills but our faults, even our most deliberate ones, can be embraced in that transformation, provided always we repented of them. Not everything is immediately good to those who seek God; but everything is capable of becoming good.