Sunday, July 12, 2009 @ 8:00 PM
This week was pretty interesting (minus the wobbly legs encounter).
Dinner with WL.
Not exactly the highlight of the week but it was a "rare reunion" with a friend I made during nursery and k1. He is actually one of the brothers I met when I was eating at chomp2 in 2008. Actually I think he was my "bf" at that age bcos somehow I had the vague impression that I sent him a drawing of a huge cross over a picture of a boy and a girl holding hands. If that was bad, I also remember that I pulled his pants off so that everyone would laugh at him. Evidently, I'm mean since such a very young age. Well, they are too embarrassing to bring it up for old time sake.
I was a lil shock when I saw him. In plain honesty, to begin with he's doesn't look like how my friends would dress. When we started to converse, I found myself being slightly awkward with the stares we gotten from people who sat around us.
Education to a large extent, causes me to stereotype. As we progress in life, we meet people who more or less have the same interests, same background and same frequency. Those that do not quite fit into our "criteria", qualifies for autotermination subtlely... A conversation I had with the bf before we were together was on the church and education background. Pardon me for saying this in a non political correct manner. I've always felt that people who do not have the possess the relevent education these days would be deterred in stepping into a church. Church people usually speak well, behave in a certain manner and dress in a certain manner. The stark contrast is there but we know that educated or not, they are part of the Creation and the "100th"sheep out there.
Coming back to my friend, i quizzed him on whether it was a pity that he didn't complete his education. What really amazed me was his confidence in the skills he has from working in places that aren't our typically SMEs and MNCs. He is contented with what he has and on the contrary, I'm everything opposite. Time to seriously reflect!
Friday was SML (SharonMabelLynn) outing at ACM and Love the World. Love the World is quite interesting. But Lim Jiu (drinking alcohol) and playing live christian songs, don't seem to really go together. Before you* start to complain and make noise, I like the place okie? But I will stick to my mocktail and I'm not being pharisee here hor.
Sat. Original Plan was to head to the zoo but the sky was rather threatening so we decide to do movie. Obsessed was not bad. Actually feels good to see Beyonce getting rough with the psychotic woman you know?