<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5093352?origin\x3dhttp://breadcrumbsandbutter.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
To the stars that played with the darkness
I sang of love and burned up completely

What you see is not really what you get.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 @ 2:41 AM

The influx of entries before I head off to Melbourne. Have been feeling extremely emotional lately. Every lil thought trigger my tear glands. I swear I can audit for the qiong yao role and ku de si qu huo lai!

For some of us, God is silent most of the time. Another point offered by Philip Yancey is actually that we need to position ourselves to settle the inner voices, ask questions and we will hear Him speak. It has happened to me a couple of times. When I least expected God to speak, He spoke and I'm awed.

I'm still struggling with the same old issue. I prayed for affirmation if I should be gung ho abt things once the verse Peter steps on water popped up. But all in all.. what I have been hearing is Your timing vs my timing (I want it now!!!), Promises and Wait. Pretty much revolve round these 3 things since Jan till now.

This morning I read Psalm 40:1 ' I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry'. Immediately I told myself it's more like I waited IMPATIENTLY for the Lord. Anyway here goes the text tat touched my heart a lil. Well it tugged on the heartstrings la.

Abraham and Sarah waited for decades for God to fulfill his promise and give them a son.

We don't do waiting. Not of we can help it. We want fast internet connections so we don't have to wait a couple of seconds for a page to appear on our screens. We need instant bank accounts, online any time. We choose ready-meals, for when we can't wait to cook. And we choose fast food when we can't wait for a ready-meal. Late trains drive us uts. Sameday delivery is always best. Next-day delivery used to b a miracle now it's second best.

Whatever happened to waiting?
Abraham waiting till old age for his promised son. Jacob working 14 years to get the wife he loved. Moses taking 40 years to get from Egypt to the borders of the Promised Land.

Half a century in exile in Babylon. Many centuries waiting for the Messiah. A Saviour who begins with 40 days alone in the desert.

Can you be addicted to speed?

It ends with a prayer:
Lord, grant me the grace to wait for the things you have in store. Give me the patiences to enjoy the journey and not just crave the destination.

So yes WAIT sharon. major sigh! If you are familiar with the psalm, u will be familiar with "How long, O Lord?"

I mulled over it. Personally to me it does seems meaningless if Christ simply came and died. The 33 years of his life meant something to us isn't it? Never see the cross in this manner :)

Wadever I'm put to go thru better be good! (at the juncture, i'm absolutely cynical abt it)



Profile


YOURNAME
A little of your descriptions here. :D



Affiliates

Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link


Music

Your music codes here. :D



Credits

Designer: Eunice
Color codes: Color Picker Tool
Icon: Stopthetime's icon site
Inspirations: Jellybeanies; ♥