Friday, December 26, 2008 @ 2:24 PM
In retrospectHonestly with all the events that came by, there wasn't much Christmas atmosphere all around except for the mad rush in buying presents. Sigh I even forgotten to buy pressies for the HSBC gang. Thank goodness I redeemed myself with 2kg of ham I "stole" from home. A mini celebration with them at van's place was cosy and heartwarming. No long hours of preparation and cooking in the kitchen. Just an hr of shopping at giant and an hr of heating up the food. With so much food to chomp and less hassle, I should go for such
chop chop options in future.
Today, I'm just so glad that I can stay home and recover some of my lost slp.
I feel very much loved this season and much of the credit is to be given to my dear friends. Thank you for being in my life. I dunno if it's because I have too things going on in my life or I suck at managing my time.. I rarely ask people out and I feel grateful for friends who have been really patient in asking me out. You would know if u have been asking me out. I work best with 1-2 weeks notice unless your initial is JN, things work a lil differently since your schedule is 10 times more crazy than mine.
Shaune, Lynn L, Lynn H, Britch, William, Fiona+Van+Val and Finance pepz thankewww.
Romance caught me by surprise this year. Strangely on 2 separate occasions that I told myself I would be single, i got attached. People that I got attracted to eventually repelled and ehh the opposite is true. You are obnoxious to begin with and still quite actually. Law of reversal at work maybe.
Playing it safe.. how safe is safe?All the mental barricade and reasonings I came up with to stop myself, melted away like bacon fats on a hot plate. I don't have alot of courage left to take risks, especially in the same place where I struggled to pick up the broken pieces and pretending that everything was all right.
Read this from crosswalk.com
"If you are really ready for love, you are willing to take risks, even though it means risking being hurt, and being willing to do the healing work if loss occurs. It means squeezing every ounce of learning out of the wound. It means submitting every experience to God, asking what can be learned even in this painful situation. The Apostle Paul says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8: 28)"Hmm... Ultimately it all comes to submitting every experience to You right?