Saturday, June 21, 2008 @ 2:02 AM
Granny came and stayed with us for 2 days. With my pathetic hokkien, we have a language barrier. I wish I had more to tell her and cheer her up. I wish I had the patience to sit with her and hear her even though the content is similar to taiwanese drama at times (predictable and repetitive). Her legs aren't going strong and as much as I want to show her around, there is a limit.
Will I be like this when I grow old? I mean well I will be promoted to caleb abf and God still loves me (even when I look like a raisin), but wad abt the loneliness an elderly feels? It's pathetic to watch Tv all the time and slowly waste away. eeks.
You know there's this natural cycle that is suppose to take place in order to have a blissful old age. Make babies! That's how people get busy fussing over the bundle of joy and time no longer crawls. Apparently, not so now cos people are delaying marriage and project b (well there's a slight improvement though). We are all grown ups now, my youngest cousin is like probably 15? Role reversal is taking place now, instead of being taken care of we need to care for her. I dun mean it in the drudgery sense btw. So if cousin and wife embarked on their project b, life might have more pleasant for granny, i think.
The other alternative? Rapture.
Ohh btw having a pet helps to kill time. Granny has got a new pet dog :)
**********************
Back from church camp and it's abt time to do some serious job hunt! However, I'm still far from being really serious! -grins-
I remember I wanted to major in marketing and minor finance but on the day of submission, I did a swap. I started to develop passion for Finance and began to see myself in that line. Subscribed to the Edge, tuned in to channelnewsasia and blah blah. Today, not much left of that enthusiasm and passion for Finance. I won't deny that my disappointing grades had something to do with it. :)
Would you go for the money or the interest? The existing offer looks pretty interesting though?
I know you have major reservation abt it.Friends have been recommending operations jobs. Lynn lam has been nice enough to update me on any openings in Morgan but after looking at the job description..... I think I need to start off somewhere to jobhop my way to Morgan IF i ever decided to work in this line.
I'm supposed to have a love for numbers right? But why do i quiver at the thought of staring endlessly at those figures and making no sense out of them. Seems like the old days in iras. *ahem*
Till the urgency sets in, I'm going to continue being a nuahster+baker.