Tuesday, May 13, 2008 @ 2:33 AM
I told myself I'm going to head for my bed once I get home. Apparently it didn't happen and I msned till few mins ago.
Had an eventful week
Went dinner and caught movie with matty. We decided to be antisocial and gave the expensive dinner a miss. ahem heard the food was soso? Bleah. Staying out night has always been enticing and liberating. Always like the feeling of staying out till wee hours but then it depends on the company. Why I like it? Perhaps cos it defies the norm?
creatures of the night. ahem not into clubbing that much already thankew. I suddenly recalled one of the comments matty made.
Sharon: I saw 2 young girls with heavy make up and wearing short dresses. Guess wad it's wednesday. Mambo!
Matty: Yeaaa now Zouk is filled with all the young people la.
Sharon: HA. I bet our predecessors said the same thing when we went zouk zouk last time.
Sunday
GDOP.
Mabel saw me and dialled my number. Very excited to spot another familiar face in the multitude of people! It's another amazing experience to pray with believers from everywhere and with one voice praise our Mighty King. A glimpse of heaven I would like to call it but i think heaven would be infinite times more magnificent.
Monday
Totally hectic.
Met W for lunch at raffles place. Our friendship survived the many transitions period. Met during my digusting attachment and her part time at dp. My potential insurance agent. Because I have seen with my own eyes how He answered my prayers with regards to you, I'm confident that He will continue to tug at your heartstrings and win your heart totally.
Saw mum while we were walking to arcade to check out the rates. Another one of those moments that i adore. The last time I came arcade with her was probably 2001 or 2002 after Os. She was still working in the bank then. Mum looks older but i think she age gracefully. Thoughts of her growing older in the next 10 years terrify me. Not so much of the looks aspects but perhaps in terms of health and physical limitations she would face.
Life seems to be relatively easier in the past. It's an automatic transition from retirement to looking after grandchildren. Not quite the case now. I will spare u the demographic and psychographic factors. Granny did go through that phase. Having her time spent by visiting each family and the frequent visits we would make. Now all of us are grown up, we rarely spend time with her. There are no longer any toddlers or babies that clings on to her. As much as I want to make the connection, I lack the initiatives to do so. Conversing with her isn't as easy as talking to yr BFF or close friends. There are barriers. Well yah my dialect sucks. There are emotional barriers. I try to avoid topics that rake up fond memories of grandpa. Just typing grandpa is enough to make my eyes watery.
Sometimes I just don't want to know that much to minimise the heartaches and agony.
There's Dad. Increasing hairfall. Switching the tv the whole day to look occupied. I have always felt that if he actually vacuum or mop the floor. Time would actually be more meaningful. I'm on the verge of turning my dad into a geek. Introduced Bookworm and various online word games to keep his mind occupied.
The day ended nicely with praying with SW. Must have been the longest prayer I ever had and without any stress.
Goodnight world.