Monday, January 21, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
my weekly dose with the kids. kiddish stuff that u won't be interested in.
Boys boys boys. though i'm bigger than them in every aspect, they are like mini giants to me. They roar every Sunday and this Sunday I felt drained and defeated but not discouraged. They have a deep reserve of energy that beats me down flat. I'm just thankful i don't have to chase and catch them. In my brief moment of feeling defeated, the story of David vs Goliath appeared on my mind. A reminder to always go back to the King of Kings for strength and restoration.
I look forward seeing Ashely every Sunday. There is something adorable about her that I can't pinpoint. Week in week out, she would walk up to Hannah, traced the picture on her t-shirt n talk to Hannah excitedly. Well Hannah and Petra are usually quieter in groups and Ashely would talk n talk n talk n talk. Ashely did the tracing picture thing to another girl and the lil girl just looked at her in disbelief. Ashely looked at me and asked shi wan ge wei she me. "Why she don't want to friend me to the power of N, Why aren't they dancing to the power of N?" What I love most abt her? Her free fall act on me during prayer time. She would "collapse" and rest herself against me. The simplicity of a child awes me. The trust that I would catch her in time and protect her from hurt just directs me to the Father's love.
Who say we can't learn from children?
And and and babysitting was fun. Had a crazy time with the girls.