<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5093352?origin\x3dhttp://breadcrumbsandbutter.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
To the stars that played with the darkness
I sang of love and burned up completely

Monday, August 06, 2007 @ 1:03 AM

The ties that bind us all

I love to read neil humphreys' weekly columns. Undeniable truth is wrapped up with sarcastic humour.

Something he wrote tt makes me laugh when i run thru it..

And honestly, parents can drive you insane,

They tell you to wake up, sit up, smarten up, clean up, get a job, get a woman (for me a man), get a better woman ( a better man), get married, buy a flat, settle down, settle down quickly, make babies, make babies, make babies, see a doctor - tt's better - make babies, make more babies and buy a bigger flat.

amyhow... my mum casually said tt it's abt time i look out for somebody. hello somebody.. look at me so i can look at u too..

Looking back.. i was struggling to wriggle out of my parents' control, overwhelmed with teenage angst, i simply hated my dad for raising his voice and urging me to hang up the phone. I can't rem any family meals we had when i was in sec sch and i doubt i fancy one back then?

Well things kinda changed as i grow older.. i bask in the comfort of having brunch with them these days. I love listening to stories about their kampong days. How Dad would bring along an egg with a plate and pay 30 cents for mee goreng and how heavenly it was. Mum always shares her thoughts so it makes Dad's sharing more significant? That seems like the only proper time we can sit down harmoniously. Love-hate relationship with my dad still exists. I cannot comprehend why he treats my mum so meanly sometimes. I wish he reads Cs Lewis and speaks words of wisdom. I wish he talks to me beyond 4d every Wed, Sat and Sunday. I can so predict what he would say if he misses one of the digits.

It's difficult to just grab his hands like wad i used to do... Seeing the people you love age sets the urgency to spend more time with them.

* nuff of the lovey dovey...

MY dad gave away one of my multi-function dunno wad pot ( u can grill and cook steamboat). yes one of them cos i hid another one ( redeem from my shisedo pdts) in his room! the most dangerous place is the safest! I would have exploded into tiny dots if i only had one and he gave it away.

rawr



Profile


YOURNAME
A little of your descriptions here. :D



Affiliates

Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link


Music

Your music codes here. :D



Credits

Designer: Eunice
Color codes: Color Picker Tool
Icon: Stopthetime's icon site
Inspirations: Jellybeanies; ♥